- Initially John the Baptists' disciple [John 1:35-40]
a. Responsive to John's direction.
- Immediate response when called. [Matt. 4:19-20]
a. Left all and followed.
- First to believe in Jesus [John 1:40]
a. Recognized His Messiah ship.
- He is always bringing someone to Jesus.
a. He brought his brother.
1. A personal witness.
b. He brought a boy [John 6:8-11]
1.He recognized the boys potential.
c. He brought the Greeks [John 12:20-22]
1. Counseled with Philip.
- Final Destiny
a. He sought the Holy Ghost [Acts 1:13]
1. Sensed the necessity of the empowered spirit.
b. Crucified on a cross in the form of an X.
1. Having rebuked Aegeas for obstinate idolatry.
An evangelist is a beggar telling another hungry beggar where to get bread.
(C)2005 Pastor Lockard's Living on the Bright Side Ministries.