Ours is a commitment to excellence. We all desire to succeed. Joshua tells us a firm commitment to the word will produce a life of prosperity and blessing. Joshua declares, ".....for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."
May I suggest a five fold formula for success.
- Give God first part of every day (Mark 1:35) What better way to start the day then begin with God!
- Give God the first day of every week (Heb. 10:25) We are cautioned "to forsake not the assembling of ourselves together." If we are to maintain the grace of God we must make it a regular feature of our lives to be in the House of God. Don't miss church or you will miss a blessing.
- Give God the tithe (Malachi 3:10). A tithe of time, talent, energy and money is owed God. He owns it all but He requires the tithe.
- Give God the first consideration in every decision (Pro. 3:5-6). Never make a decision and exclude God. Ask Him, "What would you have me to do?"
- Give God first place in your heart (Mark 12:30). Love Him totally, unreservedly, and unquestionably! He demands First place.
Rev. W. Scott Lockard
©2003 Pastor Lockard's Living on the Bright side Ministries