It is inevitable that twice a year we have a series of meetings and we designate them "Revival." We somehow expect that the evangelist or singers have the potential for revival in their pocket. Not so! I believe the absence of certain factors will make fertile ground for revival! Here are some hindrances:
- An unworthy walk will hinder Revival (Eph. 4:1) God said, "I beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called." Our walk must measure our talk!
- An unlowly attitude will hinder Revival (Eph. 4:2) The tendency is too boast of what we are and what we have accomplished never forget we are only sinners saved by grace!
- A retarded growth hinders Revival (Eph. 4:14) The scriptures declare, "That we henceforth be no more children...." God's people have got to grow; to mature; to develop their spiritual lives. This development will precipitate revival.
- An unrecognized Responsibility hinders Revival (Eph. 4:25) We are members one of another. Compassion and concern must of necessity characterize our lives. We are our brother's keeper.
- A grieved Holy Spirit will hinder Revival (Eph. 4:30) The spirit is grived by sin in the life of the believer. The Word says, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me." (Psalm 66:18)
- An unforgiving Spirit hinders Revival (Eph. 4:32) Grudges must be relesed; differences must be settled; trespasses must be forgiven!
Rev. W. Scott Lockard
©2003 Pastor Lockard's Living on the Bright side Ministries