I am for the Church

 With all it's weaknesses and it's inabilities the church is the vehicle through which we are to serve God. In its confines we can find an 'altar of prayer' and a place of refuge. It is not outdated or outmoded. I am for the church!  

 I am for the church because Christ taught us its immeasurable value when He loved it and gave Himself for it. (Eph. 5:25)

 I am for the church because Christ meets with and ministers to every congregation that gathers in His name. (Matt. 18:20)
 I am for the church because from Pentecost on every person who accepted Christ was added to the church. They identified, worshipped and received instruction there. (Acts 2:41-47)
 I am for the church because Christ is building, perfecting and preserving it. It is the only institution that will survive time and last forever to show the manifold wisdom of God. (Matt. 16:18)
 I am for the church because everything I have from Christ or know about Christ has come to me through the church. (1 Thess. 3:15)
Yes I am for the church. How about you?
".....but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him." Acts 12:5



Rev. W. Scott Lockard

(C) 2008 Pastor W. Scott Lockard's Living on the Bright side Ministries

0 comments:

Post a Comment