"...I Will Not Leave You Comfortless." John 14:18
To have been so totally dependent on the Lord and to have suddenly been faced with the threat of losing Him was a calamity hard to comprehend. The Disciples were at a loss. Reaching out to the Lord in their desperation He cushioned the shock when He declared, "I will not leave you comfortless." He was and is a source of comfort in sorrow, sickness and separation. Notice if you will:
1) He has not left us without an example (John 13:15). His submission, humility and service are the trademarks of his ministry. Can we do less?
2) He has not left us without peace (John 14:27) Not a peace predicated on circumstances or harmonious relationships but on Jesus.
3) He has not left us without joy (John 15:11) A joy unspeakable in the face of sorrow and suffering.
4) He has not left us without hope of His return (John 16:16) The powers of death could not claim Him and the grave could not hold Him. He said, "Behold I am alive forevermore."
5) He has not left us without a warning (John 13:21-13:28) Let us be aware that the best can backslide and the finest can fall!
The provisions of our Lord are fully adequate. The adequacy of Easter compensates for our every need. He promised, "I will not leave you comfortless!" Call unto Him today.
© 2007 Pastor Lockard's Living on the Bright Side Ministries