State of Contentment

"......for I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil.4:11

Evangelist Buddy Robinson was asked what state he resided in and he said, "the state of contentment." Well that's not Kentucky but it is a wonderful place to be. I think Paul had arrived at that place for wherever we see him on the pages of the New Testament he seems perfectly content. He and Silas are found singing praises in the prison house in the midnight hour. Now that's contentment! My prayer is that God will help me to be equally content wherever I find myself! To be equally content whatever my physical condition! To be fully satisfied if just my needs are met! To live in the state of contentment that's my plea.

In Jesus',
Rev. W. Scott Lockard Bth

0 comments:

Post a Comment